Chinese Translations and New Discoveries
Chinese Translations No. 1 (June 1979)
“Proto-Celadon: A Preliminary Probe” by Li Zhiyian in Wen Wu, 1973, No. 2, pp. 38-45.
“Tang Porcelain” by Li Zhiyian in Wen Wu, 1972, No. 3, pp. 34-38.
“A Rare Specimen of Tang Tongguan Ware Unearthed in Yangzhou, Jiangsu” by Jiang Hua and Gu Jian in Wen Wu, 1978, No. 3, pp. 80 ff.[download entire issue here]
Chinese Translations No. 2 (March 1980)
“A Brief Report of the Latest Excavation of an Ancient Kiln Site at Dehua in Fujian” by the Field Team in Wen Wu, 1979, No. 5, pp. 51-61.
“How I View the Qudougong Kin of Dehua” by Li Huibing in Wen Wu, 1979, No. 5, pp. 66-70.
“Chinese Porcelain found in a Shipwreck on the Seabed off Sinan, Korea” by Li Dejin, Jiang Zhongyi and Guao Jiakun in Kaogu Xuebao, 1979, No. 2, pp. 245-253.[download entire issue here]
New Discoveries No 3 Translations from Chinese Sources on Recent Archaeological Finds, previously published under the name ‘Chinese Translations’ (February 1981)
“Tang Kiln Sites of Tongguan Changsha” by the Changsha Cultural Bureau in Kaogu Xuebao, No. 1, 1980, pp. 67-96. [download article here]
“Important Discoveries of Early Blue & White Porcelains: Song Blue and White Porcelains from Zhejiang” by the Zhejiang Provincial Museum, written by Chu Boqian in Wen Wu, No. 4, 1980, pp. 1-3.
“Important Discoveries of Early Blue and White Porcelains: Song and Yuan Blue and White Porcelains Unearthed at a Jizhou Kiln in Jiangxi” by Tang Changpu in Wen Wu, No. 4, 1980, p. 4.
“Important Discoveries of Early Blue and White Porcelains: Some Problems Concerning the Origins of Blue and White Porcelains: by Feng Xianming in Wen Wu, No. 4, 1980, pp. 5-9.[Download the three latter articles here]
New Discoveries No. 4 (Translations from Chinese Sources on Recent Archaeological Finds, previously published under the name ‘Chinese Translations’ (March 1982)
“A Survey of the Hutian Kin-Site in Jingdezhen” by Liu Xinyuan and Bai Kun of the Jingdezhen Museum of Ceramic History in Wen Wu, 1980, No. 11, pp. 39-49.
“Some Blue and White and Underglaze Red Porcelain Wares from Two Jingtai Tombs (Discoveries of Ming Porcelain of the Interregnum Period AD 1436-1464) by Ouyang Shibin and Huang Yunpeng of the Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute in Wen Wu, 1980, No. 2, pp. 46-50.
“The Potting of bowls and Kindred Vessels of Various Periods Recovered from the Hutian Kiln Site” by Liu Xinyuan in Wen Wu, 1980, No. 11, pp. 50-60.
“Some Specimens of Shunzhi (1644-1661) Blue and White Porcelain” by Shi Huifen in Wen Wu, 1981, No. 6, p. 87, translated by Dr Lau Wai Har.[Download entire issue here]
- Transaction #1: “Notes on the Southeast Asian Ceramics Exhibition of 1971” (a talk by George C. Cook, date unknown)
- Transaction #2: “Kraak Porcelain (a talk by George C. Cook at the 16th meeting of the Southeast Asian Ceramic Society, 24 November 1971 [download here]
- Transaction #3: “Ceramic Excavations in the Philippines” (a talk by Roxanna M. Brown, 1973)
- Transaction #4: “A Visit to the Phan Kilns in Northern Thailand” (a talk by Michael Gluckman, date unknown)
- Transaction #5: “The History of Ceramic Finds in Sulawesi” (a talk by Roxanna M. Brown at the 36th meeting of the Southeast Asian Ceramic Society, 12 June 1974) [download here]
- Transaction #6: “Research into the Disposition of Ceramic Sites in North Sumatra” (a paper delivered to the South-East Asian Ceramic Society, Singapore, by E. Edwards McKinnon, 11 March 1976) [download here]
- Transaction #7: “A Comment on the Tributary Trade between China and Southeast Asia and the Place of Porcelain in this Trade during the Period of the Song Dynasty in China” (a talk by Grace Wong, 1979) [download here] **A SEACS Council Recommendation
- Transaction #8: “Further Ceramic Discoveries at Sumatran Site” (a talk by E. Edwards McKinnon and B. S. Deermawan, December 1981) and “Further Light on the Koh Khram Wrecksite (a talk by Jeremy N. Green, December 1981) [download both articles here]
- Notes from a talk by Roxanna Brown: “New Ceramic Finds in Vietnam” (as recorded by Dawn Rooney) [download here]